Want to buy a yogurt maker? Don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place. Read our the Best Yogurt Maker Reviews in 2016 and make your choice!
Best-Rated Yogurt Makers of 2016
|no||Image||Name||Type||Capacity||Time||Warranty||Where to buy|
|1||Cuisinart CYM-100||Automatic||50-ounce||6-8h||3 years|
|2||Euro Cuisine YMX650||Automatic||42 ounces||6-10h||3 years|
|3||Euro Cuisine YM100||Automatic||42 ounces||8h||3 years|
|4||Euro Cuisine YM80||Manual||42 ounces||6-10h||3 years|
|5||Yogourmet Electric||Manual||2 quarts||4.5h||1 year|
Table of Contents
- 1 Best-Rated Yogurt Makers of 2016
- 1.1 1. Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling
- 1.2 2. Euro Cuisine YMX650 Automatic Digital Yogurt Maker
- 1.3 3. Euro Cuisine YM100 Automatic Yogurt Maker
- 1.4 4. Euro Cuisine YM80 Yogurt Maker
- 1.5 5. Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker
- 1.6 6. Dash Greek Yogurt Maker
- 1.7 7. Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker
- 1.8 8. Euro Cuisine GY50 Greek Yogurt Maker
- 1.9 9. Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt
- 2 What else you will need to make a great yougurt
- 3 Preparing yogurt with yogurt makers
- 4 Tips on thickening: How to make Greek-style yogurt?
- 5 Some great recipes for yogurt
The best yogurt maker should be simple to use as well as inexpensive. It takes less time in the overall process of making yogurt. A short time is needed for the preparation. It takes about a few hours to mature for the cultures. Like cheese, culture is also needed by yogurts. You can choose your yogurt maker between the different models that are available in the market. There are also many electric yogurt makers available in the market. The best one is the most trusted, affordable and reliable device on the market.
Make sure to choose a package with live bacteria from the appliance shop, when shopping for the best device in yogurt making. As a bacterium weakens over time, so check if the yogurt produced does not end up unhealthy. Some people choose ovens and pick a cheap yogurt maker. You should explore and check what you are going to buy before finalizing any decision. Selecting an oven is a good option but it will surely cost you more in the future because of the amount of electricity being used to heat the oven. Because of this, it is recommended to buy the yogurt maker. It is more efficient than the ovens in terms of consumption of energy. Read the best yogurt maker reviews listed below to take the right decision in choosing the best maker.
1. Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling
Soymilk and milk are turned automatically into nutritious yogurt by the Cuisinart CYM-100 Electric Yogurt Maker. An endless variety of flavours can be created by the yogurt lovers. The 1- 1/2 literbatch makes enough of delicious snacks and meals. It can be operated very easily. The unit switches itself to a cooling mode when the processing time has elapsed. Every health conscious consumer wants to eat right food. Along with calcium and protein, yogurt also contains great source of probiotics or good bacteria that are helpful for a healthy digestive system. You only have to mix together all the ingredients and pour into the yogurt maker. The yogurt makerwill do rest of the work and you will love to eat the ready chilled results.
Benefits of the product
- Large Capacity – The 50-ounce yogurt container makes more than six 8-ounces serving of yogurt at a time.
- Automatic Cooling Mode – When the processing cycle is done, the unit switches to cooling mode. Temperature is maintained until you turn off the unit.
- Perfect Results Automatically – Just add active cultures, flavours of your choice and soymilk or milk. Press START after selecting the time and then the CYM-100 will do all the work.
- Simple Operation – You can stop and start your yogurt making at the touch of a single button. The LED display counts down processing time and clearly displays the time.It becomes easy to set the recommended processing time due to the time control for the recipe you are using.
- Stainless Steel Styling – Elegant, streamlined and sleek enough to leave right on the counter.
2. Euro Cuisine YMX650 Automatic Digital Yogurt Maker
You do not have to worry about making a mistake while preparing a homemade yogurt. All the work will be done for you by the Euro Cuisine YMX650Automatic Yogurt Maker. Simply set the digital count down timer after pouring your prepared yogurt mixture into the jars and wake up the next morning with delicious yogurt that will complete your breakfast or lunch.
- This yogurt maker lets you control the flavours, consistency, sweetness and fat content of your yogurt to make you feel in charge of what you are eating.
- There are seven different jars for making different flavours and a dial is featured by their lids to let you set the date.
- This yogurt maker is very easy to use. It makes 42 ounces in 6-10 hours.
- It consists of 15-hour countdown timer.
- It has easy-to-read LCD display.
- It also consists of seven 6-ounces jars with dateable lids.
- It has an automatic shut-off feature.
- Recipes and instructions are included in the kit.
- It is a very lightweight yogurt maker as it weighs only 5.95 pounds.
- The dimensions of this product are12 inches X 12 inches X 8 inches.
3. Euro Cuisine YM100 Automatic Yogurt Maker
- The Automatic Euro Cuisine YM100 Yogurt Maker is temperature controlled and reliable.
- The YM1000 Yogurt Maker consists of an automatic shut-off function timers that turn the unit automatically off at the end of the cooking cycle.
- This yogurt maker contains seven 6oz glass jars that gives you the option of making seven different flavours at a time and it can make up to 42 oz of yogurt.
- Yogurt is easily produced by this unit by using the fresh ingredients without any artificial preservatives or additives.
- A screw top lid is contained by each jar for easy storage of yogurt once it is made.
- The unit comes with a 3-years warranty and the glass jars are dishwasher safe.
- It is a lightweight yogurt maker as it weighs only 5.05 pounds.
- The dimension of this product is 9.5 inches X 9.5 inches X 6 inches.
- It is very easy to make delicious, nutritious snacks quickly and easily.
- It contains essential minerals, protein and vitamin B.
- The only purpose of this yogurt maker is to make delicious yogurt whenever needed.
4. Euro Cuisine YM80 Yogurt Maker
- With just a little fuss and preparation, enjoy the favourite flavour and freshly homemade yogurt.
- Six to ten hours is taken by the Euro CuisineYM80 Yogurt Maker to complete the whole process.
- Seven six-ounce glass jar with lid are included so that you can make different flavours in each jar.
- When the yogurt will be prepared and done with cooking, time is marked by the timers on the side.
- The units have light indicators and on-off switches to tell that the unit is working.
- It is designed specially to maintain the ideal temperature that is required for preparing perfect, healthy and natural yogurt every time.
- Yogurt made by this maker is perfect for anyone who is on the specific carbohydrate diet. In order to keep the yogurt fresh, this device has dishwasher-safe inner container with a seal tight lid.
- It is a more compact yogurt maker than the other makers in the market. It does not take much space in the kitchen because of its compact size.
- It is a yogurt maker that does not produce noise and automatically shuts down when the yogurt is prepared.
- It comes with plastic lids to keep the yogurt airtight inside the fridge.
5. Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker
- Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker can make up to 2 quarts of homemade yogurt in only 4.5 hours.
- It is the only yogurt maker that contains L. Casei in order to boost your immune system and B.Bifidus to promote regularity.
- It can also be used to make sour cream, fresh cheese and butter milk.
- It is the largest capacity yogurt maker that uses a “water bath” system in order to create an heating wall around the inner container.
- The precise temperature is maintained to allow the yogurt cultures to fully and evenly incubate. The result is a healthy, rich, creamy yogurt every time.
- It includes a thermometer, cheese strainer, and a detailed instruction booklet.
- Using your flavorings, milk, jams and fruits make sure that the homemade yogurt is free of preservatives and artificial colours.
- This device can also be used to make macrobiotic yogurt, soft yogurt cheeses and special cultured milks with casei bifidus acidophilus.
- Yogurt is an easy-to-eat source of Vitamin B and calcium.
- This yogurt maker comes with a one-year of warranty period.
6. Dash Greek Yogurt Maker
- Dash Greek Yogurt Maker is the easy and fast way of making delicious Greek yogurt at home.
- All the probiotic benefits, calcium and protein of Greek yogurt is given to you without addingpreservatives or sugar.
- It is lesser expensive than buying store-bought yogurt and thus, saves your money.
- It works with any kind of milk.
- You just need to mix all the ingredients together, set the required time and strain. Serve the delicious yogurt after it is made.
- You can mix the yogurt with fruit or flavour it with natural flavours like Vanilla or agave extract.
- A comprehensive recipe guide is included in the kit.
- The dimension of this product is 7.1 inches X 7.1 inches X 9.5 inches.
- It weighs only 3 pounds.
- It is very easy to use and can be operated simply.
- It also contains large containers, container lids, small containers and easy-clean Greek strainer.
- Yogurt is no doubt delicious but remember to save ½ a cup to use as a starter for your next batch of yogurt making.
- You caneasily makeyour own Greek Yogurt at home with the help of the Dash Greek Yogurt Maker from Brookstone.
7. Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker
- You can make homemade all creamy, natural and rich yogurts with any kind of milk in 6 to 8 hours with the help of the Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker.
- You can control ingredients, fat content and sweetness.
- As up to 2 quarts of yogurts can be prepared at a time by you, so the unit is very economical.
- Time is marked by timer on the side of the unit so that you gettoknow when yogurt will be finished cooking.
- A specially designed cotton bag for making cheese, a stainless steel thermometer and an individual serving bowl are included in the yogurt maker kit.
- The cotton bag has a cord and an easy-to-fill opening that make it easy to close the bag and hang it to make your cheese.
- The dimension of this product is 7.5 inches X 7.5 inches X 10.5 inches.
- It is a light weight yogurt maker as it weighs only 3.35 pounds.
- Excellent curds can also be made by using the right product.
- Using the Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker is not only easy but it is very economical as well.
8. Euro Cuisine GY50 Greek Yogurt Maker
- With the Euro Cuisine GY50, you can easily make the Greek yogurt dish simply and quickly.
- Up to 2qts of the ordinary Euro Cuisines homemade yogurt or the store bought yogurt can be transformed into creamier, thicker Greek yogurt with the help of the unique strainer kits which are BPA-free.
- You can put it into the refrigerator to make it more delicious.
- Enjoy the healthy dip and spread, salad topping, delicious Tzatziki with low calorie or delicious desserts of sweet berries.
- A recipe book is included in the kit.
- The dimension of this product is 10 inches X 10 inches X 5.2 inches.
- It is a very lightweight yogurt maker because it weighs only 1.5 pounds.
- Instructions and recipes will work as the helping hands, if you find yogurt making difficult.
- A bowl and strainer is also included in the kit.
- The jars can be ideal for portion-control, in case you are on a strict diet.
- This yogurt maker does not make any noise and shuts down automatically when the yogurt is prepared.
- It is very simple to use this yogurt maker and can be operated very simply.
9. Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt
- Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence is afully automatic frozen yogurt, ice cream and sorbet maker.
- It is brushed with stainless steel housing.
- It consists of heavy-duty motor so that it takes less time to prepare the yogurt.
- It also contains large ingredient spout so that you can easily add your favourite mix-ins.
- An instruction book, recipes and a double insulated 2-quart freezer bowl are included in the kit.
- Cuisinart ICE-30BC Yogurt Maker is built to North American Electrical Standards.
- In order to make sure proper freezing of all foods, you should set your freezer at 0°F.
- Dimensions of this yogurt maker are 8.2 inches X 8 inches X 11.2 inches.
- The shipping weight of this product is 12.3 pounds.
- It is very simple to use and it can be operated easily.
- Cuisinart ICE-30BC ensures excellent delicious yogurt each time.
- The time taken for normal fermentation is 6 to 24 hours.
- This yogurt maker makes sure to fulfil all your requirements that you are looking for.
Normally yogurts are prepared at night so that it can be freezed in the freezer whole night long and it is ready to be served in the morning.
What else you will need to make a great yougurt
Here is a list of some of the products listed below which are worth to be bought with yogurt maker.
They are as follows –
Euro-Cuisine R11020 Yogurt Starter
- Euro-Cuisine Yogurt Starter is a product of Canada.
- It is a natural yogurt starter for making delicious yogurt.
- Five to ten gram pouches are contained in each box. Ingredients used in this product are sucrose, lactic bacteria, ascorbic acid, skim milk powder (L.Bulearicus, L.Acidophilus, S.Thermophilus).
- Dimensions of this yogurt starter are 12 inches×10 iches×3 inches.
- Shipping weight of this product is only 3.2 ounces.
Yogourmet Freeze Dried Yogurt Starter, 1 Ounce Box (Pack of 3)
- This Yogourmet Freeze Dried Yogurt Starter is scientifically balanced and meticulously manufactured in order to make sure that you make creamy, smooth, great tasting and delicious yogurt every time.
- You can make homemade yogurt with the help of any yogurt maker, but it will prepare delicious yogurt when used with the Yogourmet Multi Yogurt Maker.
- The shipping weight of this product is only 7.2 ounces.
Cuisipro Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker
- Three cups of yogurt can be converted into 1 cup of yogurt cheese in about 24 hours with the help of this product.
- Yogurt cheese is a low fat alternative to sour cream, cream cheese or mayonnaise.
- This unit consists of stainless steel fine-mesh strainer and plastic container.
- In order to prevent odour transfer, dishwasher-safe container seals the original odour of yogurt.
Euro Cuisine GY1920 Glass Jars for Yogurt Maker, Set of 8
- The dimensions of this product are 2.5 inches×3.2 inches×3 inches.
- Its shipping weight is only 3.17 pounds.
- These glass jars are freezer safe spill-proof. Euro Cuisine GY1920 is a set of 8 glass jars.
- This product is brand new and it is officially licensed.
- These glass jars are manufactured in China.
- Each glass has the capacity of 6oz.
- All the lids are BPA-free with date settings.
Thus, when you are ready to buy a yogurt maker, some factors should be considered by you. Firstly, check the capacity of the maker. Next things to consider are the type, cost, timer and most importantly your requirements. Choose a yogurt maker that fulfils all the requirements in order to make your experience of yogurt making memorable.
Preparing yogurt with yogurt makers
Yogurt is a cultured milk product. It is thickened and soured by the action of some bacteria cultures that produce lactic acid when added to milk. Cultures that produce lactic acid coagulate the milk protein, add characteristic sour flavour and make the milk thick.
Yogurt can surely be found on healthy food lists. It is an excellent source of potassium, protein and calcium. It is considered as one of the highly nutritious foods and is relatively low in calories and numerous minerals and vitamins are provided by it. It is observed that one serving of yogurt is about one 8-ounce container.
Preparing yogurt is not at all difficult. It can easily be prepared by following certain steps. Here is a list given below of everything you must know about the process of yogurt making.
Step 1: Clean the tools
Before starting the process, you should clean your utensils, tools, containers and work surfaces, so that no rogue bacteria can react with the good variety in the yogurt culture. While preparing yogurt at home, all of the containers and equipments should be boiled in order to sterilize them. But if you wash the containers through the dishwater or by hand carefully and dry them afterwards, then also all the rogue bacteria can be removed.
Step 2: Heat the Milk
Yogurt can be prepared from room-temperature milk. But for the most consistent and best results, it is recommended by most experts to first heat the milk to at least 180°F or the boiling point. Heating the milk helps to kill any bad bacteria in the milk and makes for a richer end product. It has been pointed out that in order to concentrate the milk for extra-thick yogurt; there is also a tradition of boiling the milk for 30 minutes or longer.
Milk can also be heated either in a microwave or on the stove. In order to provide room to the milk to crawl up the sides a bit, a deep and large pot should be used when boiling the milk on the stove. Stirring the milk should be done occasionally in order to prevent a skin from forming. If the milk has a tendency to boil up and can scorch, keep a close eye on the pot and if necessary, lower the flame of the stove.
A microwave-safe bowl should be used when boiling the milk in microwave. It is large enough to allow the milk to bubble. For easy pouring, use a spout and a large glass measuring cup. Check the temperature frequently and heat the milk in short increments, after a few batches you will get to know what time your microwave needs.
Step 3: Cool It Back Down
You must let the temperature drop to 110°F to 115°F once you have completed heating the milk. In order to monitor temperature of the milk, use a thermometer. Use an ice bath and submerge the pot of milk in a large sink or bowl filled with ice in order to speed the process. To help the milk to cool down, occasional stirring is required.
Step 4: Add the Starter Culture
It is the time to add starter, once the temperature of milk falls down in the optimal incubation range of 110°F to 115°F. Simply whisk in the amount mentioned on the packaging, if you are using powdered starter. If yogurt is used as a starter, stir the starter yogurt and warm milk together in a separate bowl to incorporate it. The temperature of the milk can be dropped too much by adding cold starter yogurt directly to the milk, impeding the incubation process, whereas some experts have succeeded without this step. If you first combine the starter with a small amount, it is easier to mix the starter yogurt with the amount of milk evenly.
Step 5: Incubate
Once your starter and milk are combined, keep the yogurt at a steady temperature between 110°F to 115°F for 5 to 10 hours undisturbed. It allows the good bacteria to flourish. It is called the stage of incubation and it can be accomplished with any DIY incubators or a yogurt machine. And it is to be noted that putting the mixture from a pot to a small jar can be a messy job. A ladle with a spout can be handy here.
The incubation temperature, number of active cultures in your starter and flavours are the number of factors on which the time of incubation of yogurt depends. For faster incubation, high temperature is needed, but your cultures will die if you take it too high. Starters can vary from one batch to another. Thinner and sweeter yogurts are created by cooler and shorter incubation periods. And thicker, tarter yogurts are made by hotter and longer incubation period.
As mentioned above, do not jostle or move the mixture, during incubation. Do not touch it and stick it in a warm place. Do not do anything more drastic than sneaking a cautious peek during the period of incubation. The matrix that casein in milk makes around whey proves that the yogurt is very fragile. This means that transferring, jostling and shaking from one vessel to another are all going to prevent the yogurt from setting up properly.
Step 6: Check for Doneness
It is recommended to start tasting the mixture hourly after the first 4 or 5 hours. As it matures, the yogurt will become a bit more acidic in nature. So, the yogurt should be stopped from incubating just before it reaches the level of acidity you like. Yogurt can also be judged fairly well by appearance, if you do not want to taste the warm yogurt. The whey and solids will start to separate and the yogurt will start looking firm. But if the mixture is still milk, leave it for a longer period of time.
Non-professionals especially those who tend to incubate a mixture just before going to sleep can be a bit more casual. For example, it is absolutely fine to just leave the mixture in the yogurt maker at room temperature for longer period. A timer may be set by you on your yogurt maker to incubate the mixture for 6 hours. Likewise, if you are incubating in another vessel or a thermos that loses heat gradually with the drop of temperature, the process of incubation will become slow.
Step 7: Store the Yogurt
Simply pop the yogurt in the refrigerator in the same container you incubated, once the yogurt has set. Be sure to transfer the mixture to a non-insulated container before putting it in the refrigerator so the temperature will drop, if you are incubating in an insulated container or thermos. Spoon the mixture into one or more lidded plastic, glass or ceramic containers. If you keep the yogurt for about two weeks, the flavour will be best for some days and then it will get sour-tasting with each passing day.
Tips on thickening: How to make Greek-style yogurt?
Either before or after the process of incubation, there are a number of methods to thicken the yogurt. One of the easiest and simplest ways is to whisk in a little amount of non-fat powdered dry milk along with the starter. This will not only change the taste, but also the texture of the finished yogurt. It gives the yogurt a slightly chalky flavour. Prior to the incubation process, a small amount of pectin or unflavoured gelatine can also be added in the mixture by you.
After the process of incubation, simply strain the yogurt if you want to thicken it without sacrificing the flavour. You can also spoon the yogurt to strain into a cheese cloth-lined colander set over a container in order to allow it to drain in the refrigerator for one hour and even up to a day. Thickness of the end product depends on the time the yogurt is drained. Let the yogurt drain overnight, if you want to have luscious Greek style yogurt.
Advice on Flavourings
You should first master preparing plain yogurt before trying any flavour. It is preferred that you add flavourings after the process of incubation. You should first make plain yogurt and then flavour it during the time of serving. In this way, you need not worry about the flavourings, weird thickening or fruits going off in the jar before you eat them. Scoop out what you want and add seasonal fresh fruits or honey and sometimes herbs at that time.
Starter culture and milk are the two most basic ingredients of yogurt. Flavourings and thickeners can also be added. Whole milk is considered to be the easiest for beginners as it sets up well and makes for beautifully mild, thick yogurt. You should inoculate milk with live cultures which can be found in powdered form. You can add thickeners in the mixture, whereas straining is considered to be the best method of thickening yogurt. Once the yogurt is set, add both savoury and sweet flavourings. Molasses, jam, honey, preserved fruits, fresh herbs like basil, mint, dill, parsley, palm, sugar, flavoured syrups, dried spices, vegetables, diced cucumber and minced garlic are considered as options of flavourings. A thermos is considered to be perfect for keeping the mixture safe and warm from jostling and drafts. It is important to get the heat distributed across the whole area of incubation process so that the end product tastes best.
Some great recipes for yogurt
Grilled Tandoori Chicken with Cucumber -Yogurt
Combine garlic, 1/4c of yogurt, coriander, cumin, red pepper, lime zest and 1/8 tsp of salt in a 1-gallon zip-top bag. Massage the bag in order to mix all the ingredients. Add chicken to the mixture and massage the bag to coat the chicken evenly. Seal the bag after pressing out all the air. Refrigerate the mixture for at least2 hours or as long as 8 hours and occasionally turn the bag.
Combine the remaining ¾ yogurt, ground flaxseed, 1/8 tsp salt and dry milk in another container. Stir the mixture until it becomes smooth. Add mint, cucumber and scallions. Cover and refrigerate it for up to 8 hours.
Preheat a stove-top grill pan or a grill. Thirty minutes before grilling, remove the chicken from refrigerator. Brush the grill with small amount of oil. Cook the chicken on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Cooking should be continued till the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part shows 180 degrees. Remove the chicken from the grill and before cutting it into thin slices, allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Serve the chicken with cucumber-yogurt sauce.
Combine blue cheese, yogurt and mayonnaise and keep aside. Heat a cast iron skillet, a grill or a stovetop grill pan until hot. Season the steak with pepper and salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes for each side and medium to rare. Cook the steak until it is firm and provide gentle pressure. Before slicing, allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes. Cut the steak into thin strips. Divide the tomatoes and arugula among the rolls. Sprinkle the blue cheese mayo on each sandwich.
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Preheat the oven at 350°F. Take two 9” X 5” loaf pans and coat them with cooking spray.
Combine 1cup of chocolate chips, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cocoa in a large bowl. Place ½ a chocolate chips in a microwave cup of small size and melt in the microwave. Stir together the oil, melted chocolate, eggs, vanilla, extra and sugar in another large bowl. Add flour mixture and thoroughly stir. In alternative batches, and yogurt and stir well. Bake for 1 hour after dividing the batter between 2 loaf pans. Bake it until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans on a rack. Then take out of the pans onto the rack to cool completely. Slice each loaf into eight pieces.
Cream of Asparagus Soup
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large stockpot. Add asparagus, when the oil is warm. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the asparagus turns brown. Add salt, thyme, leeks, cardamom, cloves, pepper and lemon zest. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, until the spices become fragrant and leeks get softer.
Bring to a boil after adding the broth. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes and reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 minutes more after adding the spinach until it has wilted. Now add yogurt. Use an immersion blender in order to directly puree in the pot. You can also transfer it to a blender to blend in batches. Serve hot immediately.
Tandoori Spiced Snapper with Minted Yogurt
Combine garlic, 1cup yogurt, curry powder, pepper, ginger and lemon juice in a large bowl. Turn to coat after adding the snapper fillets. Refrigerate for 1 and ½ hours. Combine mint, cucumber, 1/8 tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp salt and ½ cup yogurt in a small bowl. Keep it in the refrigerator until it is ready to use.
Broiler should be preheated and coat broiler-pan rack with the cooking spray. Discard the marinade after removing snapper fillets from the bowl. Now place the fish on the broiler-pan rack and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Broil until the fish is opaque and firm for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Asian Salmon Sliders with Citrus Yogurt Sauce
Combine orange juice, yogurt, honey lime juice and keep aside. Wash the salmon, pat dry and preheat the grill to medium. Place the half chopped fish in food processor along with ginger, salt, lemon juice, pepper, sesame oil, garlic and soy sauce. Turn it into a puree. Chop the remaining half salmon and add to puree along with cilantro and bread crumbs and pulse it until combined. Brush the 12 small patties with oil and grill for 4 minutes each side. Stuff the pitas with yogurt sauce and burgers.
Crab and Lentil Stuffed Tomato with Yogurt
Combine crab meat, green onions, lemon juice, celery, canned lentils, basil and pine nut in a mixing bowl. Season it to taste with pepper and salt. Whisk together curry powder and Greek yogurt in a separate bowl. Scoop out the seeds and inner flesh of six large tomatoes after slicing off tops. Top with yogurt sauce and fill the shell of tomato with mixture.
Combine vanilla extract, yogurt, juice and honey in a medium bowl. Partially freeze for 1 hour after pouring into four 3-ounce paper cups. Freeze for 4 hours until they turn solid and insert wooden sticks into each cup. This recipe contains 44mg sodium, 111 calorie 3g protein, 22g carbs, 19g sugar, 1g fat, no fiber and 1g sat fat per serving.